Waverley Hockey Club is introducing a new paid role to assist in the operational management of the club to ensure we remain a premier club in Victoria and deliver the best possible environment for all members and guests. The role will provide a more centralised approach to our operations and has an aim of generating sufficient revenue to fund the remuneration on offer. A high level of autonomy and flexibility is on offer for this part-time role.
Although not a direct replacement for the role Kath Castle has been performing for a number of years, it will replace the role. I’d like to thank Kath for her service over the time she has been in the role.
- Assist the Executive Committee member responsible for sponsorship with the retention and maintenance of sponsors
- Manage the operations of the canteen, bar and clubrooms (actual running of the canteen/bar will be performed by club member volunteers)
- Co-ordination of communications across social media
- Identify and consider grants and funding initiatives available to Waverley
- Manage and promote the hire of the ground to schools and other interested parties
- Actively participate in the organisation and delivery of summer competitions across juniors, seniors and masters
- Assist with fundraising initiatives
Desired experience for the role:
- Strong time management skills
- Good written, verbal and social media communication skills
- Supervisory experience
- Understanding of the hockey community
- Have the ability to obtain a responsible service of alcohol, food safety and working with children authorities
If you are interested in the role, please contact Club President Drew Ashton on 0413 433 324 or email@example.com. Drew can provide a job description and answer any questions.
Applications for the role will close on 19 February.